P.A.N.D.O.R.A.'s number one focus is the establishment of the NeuroEndocrineImmune (NEI) Center, a grass-roots patient-driven and physician-approved community project, to be located in the state of New Jersey, and with satellites offices. Our mission embraces neuroendocrineimmune disorders (NEIDs) such as chronic fatigue syndrome-ME, fibromyalgia, chronic Lyme disease, multiple chemical sensitivity (environmental illnesses), and Gulf War Syndrome/Illnesses. Our goals are: to continue to provide educational programs for patients, caregivers, physicians, and the public; advocate and spearhead grass-roots initiatives to raise awareness for NEIDs and for the substandard quality of life individuals with NEIDs face daily ; achieve successful and supportive partnerships with local, state & federal government health agencies, and other similar organizations; support and advocate for increased scientific research; encourage and assist patients & their families in leading successful live
On July 13, Chase Community Giving will announce 200 winning charities. One charity will receive $250k, 4 runners-up will receive $100k, 195 others will receive $20k
Just click on the links below. Select Vote and your done. Don't forget to save these links and vote every day until July 13th.
Unfortunately, the WPI are no longer taking part due to a technicality (their outgoings exceed the maximum allowed) but you can still vote for PANDORA &help them set up the first NeuroEndocrineImmune (NEI) Center which will help not only ME/CFS sufferers but also those who suffer from FM, MCS &GWS.
It's free to vote &you get 20 votes each (one per charity). You will need to 'Like' Chase Cumminty Giving before you can vote &to allow the application 'access' but there is nothing to stop you 'unliking' and withdrawing access once your vote has been cast. Here's the link for the PANDORA page:
Alternatively use the box provided on the main Chase Community Giving page &search for "PATIENT ALLIANCE NEUROENDOCRINEIMMU DISORDERS ORG FOR RESECH & ADV INC" as this is the full name used for PANDORA.
We have accomplished this amazing task with the support of individuals like Frank OpDeBeeck,who created a tutorial video to get us on the top 200 and many more, including Phil Campos, who produced the video for the contest, Andrea Martel, Sus Cue-Sagman, Michelle Lonchar, Gaston Gingues, Andrea Pring, Pat LaRosa, Cort Johnson, Blair Miller, Martina M Punktchen, Claire Randall, Nancy K Jay, Thomas Hennessey, Keith Baker, and so many more. Our board members on Facebook, and so many more. You know who you are and we are grateful to you all!
We are also grateful to the National Fibromyalgia Association, The CFIDS Association and the Whittemore Peterson Institute for posting on their Facebook pages asking their fans to vote for P.A.N.D.O.R.A. too.
BUT if we do not get a significant spike on the number of daily votes for our organization, we will lose the opportunity to receive a grant in the amount of $20,000.00. While for some of the larger organizations this may be a drop in the bucket, for us it 95% of an entire year's budget. It is priceless!
Look at what we can do with $20,000.00.
1) Pay our phones, web site hosting, newsletters costs for 2010. Get a new computer that can handle new technology specifically for non-profits including a new efficient donor data base.
2) Get a new updated web site that will continue to inform you and share what we do best.
3) Hire a part-time person to help us in the office to respond to an ever growing number of inquiries & assistance for individuals stricken with NEIDS.
4) Continuing to position our organization and our strategical partners, so we can move on with our main project: The establishment of the NEI Center(TM), in New Jersey. It will take time and money to get this off the ground.
4) Travel to DC to represent you at the CFSAC meetings, Pain Medical Conferences and at the IACFS-ME conference in Ottawa next year.
5) Collaborate with other organizations through our micro-grants for medical students, educational conferences and advocacy/lobbying efforts in the U.S. and abroad.
6) Expand the Quality of Life Advocate Program: Patient Advocates helping others and "paying forward".
7) Expand the Advocate Extraordinaire Program for PANDORA and the NEI Center(TM)
Cost of educational brochures (art work, printing and mailing)
9) Support of empowerment groups in Florida and beyond.
10) Provide support to parents with children stricken with NEIDs.
10) Strengthen an organization that is patient-driven and physician approved.
Please vote today for Patient Alliance for Neuroendocrineimmune...(DBA) P.A.N.D.O.R.A. http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunityg
if you haven't voted yet, we will run the risk of losing our current rankings and end up with NOTHING.
Often I hear that no one cares about our community. That the lack of respect, lack of money for research & patient treatment, and lack of awareness for the plight of millions is the norm. Well, here with Chase Community Giving we have the PERFECT OPPORTUNITY to get all of the 3 major concerns we all have in one swoop. As a matter of fact with the number of individuals stricken with CFS-ME and fibromyalgia, our organization could have been on the top 5, competing for the $250,000.00 and $100,000.00 grants.
Make sure you Vote for PANDORA today and for the other organizations that too share a similar mission with us. We cannot afford to miss this wonderful opportunity.
Here is the link again: http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunityg
Thank you for your support! We can win this grant! All we need is your vote.
Reminder: You should cast all of your 20 votes. After you vote for 5 non profit organizations you get an extra "gift vote" to give to someone to vote, and again when you cast all your 20 votes. The gift vote is an opportunity for your to vote twice when someone gives you a gift vote. It is also an opportunity you can give to a friend, when you send them your "gift vote", giving everybody a chance to vote twice for a favorite charity. Obviously we hope you will use a "gift vote you receive" to cast another vote for P.A.N.D.O.R.A., meaning you will vote for P.A.N.D.O.R.A. twice.
There is a link here which explains the step by step process of voting. http://www.chasegiving.tk/
Thank you for reading. Please spread the word. We only have 3 days left.